Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.6
Date: December 05, 2016
- A new surface mesh tool for triangle subdivision and improvement was added; now the resulting surface mesh can be smoothed much more effectively; especially useful for optimized lattice configurations.
- Important. As of this version, the licensing system is changed substantially; a new license has to be obtained from CAESS after installing this upgrade.
- Picture: Hip implant in femur bone - shell/lattice configuration; smoothed with the new tool; cross-section view.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.5
Date: August 04, 2016
- Completely restructured technological constraints processor; much faster and more accurate processing of all technological constraints.
- Three new technological constraint types: BiUniDirOpen, PeriodAng, PeriodLin.
- Geometry display control updates: updated scale panel; response fields coloring
- Picture: Gear, optimized with the new PeriodAng constraint; SAE stress view.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.4
Date: May 07, 2016
- Completely restructured driver, optimizer, and solvers: faster and more efficient in both, top-down and bottom-up optimizations.
- Much more accurate computation of eigenfrequency sensitivities.
- More efficient operation: faster entering into TC/Configuration tools and faster session start/restart.
- Improved support for import from SolidWorks®; various fixes in geometry processor and interface.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.3
Date: December 21, 2015
- Greatly renewed static and modal FEA solvers/optimizers. Especially for lattice structures under static loads the stress concentrations are now removed much more effectively.
- Improved or added features: start-from functionality, cross-section view, step control, convergence indicator, parameters update during optimization.
- PTC® Creo® integration is now available also for ProTOp.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.2
Date: September 27, 2015
- Maximization of the lowest structural eigenfrequency by topology optimization is now possible by engagement of a new efficient eigenmode solver.
- Updated functionality of the importer, input data management, and user interface simplifies the model preparation procedure.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.0.7
Date: July 31, 2015
- Significantly upgraded configuration tools now enable tunable rounding of lattice crossings and lattice-shell interfaces. This prevents sharp edges in the regions, where the optimizer pushes the lattices towards the minimum- or maximum-thickness design.
- The accuracy of the single-precision FEA solver was improved by reducing the effects of truncation errors. This extends the usability of this solver that is faster and consumes much less RAM than the double-precision version.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 4.0.0
Date: June 7, 2015
- Completely renewed tools for managing material regions and technological constraints; material regions and TCs are now fully managed within ProTOp; improvements on lattice creation tool
- Improved visualization of stress and displacement fields for easier work and optimization process control
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.1.9
Date: April 26, 2015
- The new CAD-Material functionality makes possible to run topology optimization a sub-model only. Meanwhile, the complete semi-assembly geometry can be exported, e.g., if needed for 3D print.
- Upgraded lattice configuration tool: lower and upper range limits; cell lines subdivision; improved TCS visualization
- Fixed CS extraction in INP importer; various minor updates and fixes
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.1.8
Date: April 12, 2015
- Substantially improved model configuration tools for easier creation and management of solid/shell/lattice configurations and their combinations
- Several minor updates and fixes
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.1.6
Date: February 27, 2015
The new smart start-from functionality allows now multi-million-models to be solved very efficiently on your desktop PC.
- generate two FE meshes from your CAD model: a coarse and a fine one
- start optimization and solve the problem with the coarse mesh
- run another optimization with the fine mesh, but take the coarse-mesh-result as a starting design
- The new load case monitoring and management feature lets you interactively deactivate/reactivate individual load cases on the basis of their impact factors that reflect their relative importance.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.1.4
Date: February 9, 2015
- Computation time has been significantly improved in multi-load-case scenarios with uniform displacement BCs and absence of semi-contact/semi-plastic elements. Roughly, the computation is faster by a factor, equal to the number of load cases.
- The source code for tetrahedral elements TTH4 and TTH10 has been optimized which results in improved performance.
- Computation of stresses on cut surfaces has been improved in terms of accuracy.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.1.0
Date: January 14, 2015
- Due to customer requests, specialized parabolic tetrahedron finite elements have been again build into ProTOp.
- Computation time performance has been significantly improved in cases of RAM shortage.
- Handling/control of compression and tension stresses has been simplified by providing the new signed averaged effective stress computation and display.
- Proper modeling of screw/bolt/rivets fastening of the optimized part has been simplified by the introduction of the new material pre-strain feature.
- The display has been updated to provide more accurate visualization of the results.
Release of ProTOp/CI version 3.0.0
Date: December 8, 2014
- High-performance semi-elastic-plastic elements for topology optimization have been added in order to enable computationally effective usage of elastic-plastic behavior under monotonic loading.
- The optimization control algorithms have been greatly improved to deliver better convergence - especially for lattice structures.
- The optimization control panel has been redesigned to be more intuitive and simpler to use.