A standalone topology optimization software that takes as input FNF and INP files, generated by PTC® Creo®, Simulia® Abaqus and SolidWorks® Simulation, respectively.
A standalone topology optimization software for PTC® Creo® users. Only FNF files generated by PTC® Creo® are accepted as input.
- Based on custom finite elements, developed in-house especially for topology optimization
- FEA - highly parallelized code, high performance sparse solver
- Optimizer - a hybrid evolutionary/level-set optimizer, highly parallelized code
- Shell (envelope) and lattice structure generation from solid parts
- Semi-contact and semi-plastic finite elements
- Easy modeling of pin joints, bolt/rivet fastening, and similar contact situations
- Simple and easy to use user interface; fully interactive optimization process
- Structure: statically loaded, linearly elastic isotropic material
- Objectives: minimum strain energy; maximum lowest eigenfrequency
- Targeting: volume part, stress, displacement
- Technological constraints: YES
- Multiple load cases: YES
- Smoothing and simplification tools for resulting surface mesh: YES
- CPU: A good entry is a 4-core i7 or comparable CPU. Note that 6 or 8 cores (e.g., 2 Xeons) are significantly better, but there is not much improvement when going beyond 12 cores.
- RAM: A good entry is 16 GB, but for more serious work 32 GB is actually the minimum.
- Drive: In cases of RAM shortage, ProTop/ProTOpCI will switch to partial out-of-RAM (disk) storage; in this case a dedicated (work) SSD on SATA III interface is recommended.
Detailed specifications and features
Supported formats for model import
- FNF (export from PTC® Creo®)
- INP (Simulia® Abaqus); ProTOp only
- INP (SolidWorks® Simulation); ProTOp only
Results output formats
Supported technological constraints
- Unidirectional opening, draft angle
- Symmetric unidirectional opening, draft angle
- Bidirectional opening
- Plane symmetry
- Periodic angular
- Periodic linear